Wednesday, February 8, 2017

I Need To Stop Buying More Clothes

My Fashion Wish List: Multi-Color Floral Embroidered Tunic $39.99 + Cutout Flower Bohemian Earrings $7.99
My closet is literally overflowing. Decluttering my closet is one of my resolutions for 2017.  But it's not an easy resolution to keep because  I find it very difficult to part with my clothes, particularly when they are almost like new. I had spent way too much money on clothes and accessories shopping until the absolute end of 2016. This bad habit of mine had not only hurt my savings, it had been creating unnecessary stress on both my living quality and financial situation.  Looking at my overflowing closet, I recognize that I need to stop buying more clothes, if I can't bear to give away some clothes to make room.

I've been on my no-clothes-shopping track and I haven't made my first purchase yet for 2017.  I pray that I can stay strong for the rest of 2017.  To help refrain myself from clicking the "buy" button while surfing the internet, I decide to register the fashion items that I have an urge to buy on my wish list here.  The process of posting the items that tempt me so much takes away my time and focus, and therefore distracts me from clicking on the "buy" button.  Meanwhile, I love that I have my beloved clothes hanging in just right here, ready for me to buy with a click on each item in the photo; if I decide I can't really live without them after reading this post over and over again for the next week.....

Making this post was initially a challenge to me because I was no graphic designer and I was never trained to do graphic or web design.  I had to learn as I went.  I'm pleased that I can now play fashion editor with my new web skill....So am I now one step closer to quitting my nerdy day job in corporate finance?

No comments:

Post a Comment