Sunday, December 18, 2016

Thank You Mr. Gates For Sharing


I don't think my grandparents ever imagined having a PC when they were young.  To many people, my grandparents' generation were living in a better world than today.  May be in many aspects it was a greater world then.  But to me, I don't want to live in their world.  I can't image living in a world without my laptop, without my iphone, without my ipad... I really appreciate that Mr. Gates populated personal computing, which brought on such an information revolution in my life time that, instead of reading from the New York Times about what books the richest man in the world had been reading, I can actually hear him tell me in his own voice.

Whatever perks my grandparents enjoyed in their good old days, I appreciate the easy access of information at present. While none of the books on Mr. Gates' list sounds  particularly interesting to me, I'm going to make it my goal for 2017 to read at least one book on his recommendation list. After all, I recently learnt that new experiences can  boost happiness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment